At Sheraton Systems Limited ("Websure") we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
You can visit our website without revealing who you are or providing any personal information about yourself. If you do submit any personal information, for example by submitting an enquiry, by doing so you give your consent for such data to be used by us to process your enquiry or request; to comply with any relevant law, regulation, or court order; to help improve our website or the products or services we offer; or to understand better our website users’ needs.
Use of your information
Your information will assist us to better administer, support, improve and develop our business. In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the website or our services. Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you and we may do so by contacting you by post, telephone or fax, as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
Disclosing your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
Access to information
In addition to the safeguards set out in this Policy, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. This means, amongst other things, that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is needed. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies. Our contact details are shown below.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In general there are two types of cookies; persistent cookies and session cookies.
A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date).
A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
The list below explains the cookies we use and why:
- 'ASP.NET_SessionId': This cookie is necessary for the site to function normally and is held temporarily in memory and is automatically deleted when the web browser is closed. This cookie contains no personally identifiable information.
- _eventqueue: This cookie is used by Clicky (web analytics) and stores an array of mouse events that can't be guaranteed to be logged to their servers before the current page is unloaded. The purpose is to store these events in a queue so on the subsequent page view, these events can be processed and logged.
- _first_pageview: This cookie is used by Clicky (web analytics) and is set on the first page view of a session. It is used to make their tracking code more efficient, so certain processes are only run on a visitor's initial page view. It expires after 10 minutes.
- _jsuid: This cookie is used by Clicky (web analytics) and is a random number that is generated by the Code the first time someone visits a web site with the Code installed. Its sole purpose is to better identify new and unique visitors to a web site. This cookie is sent to the Service for every event logged. The value of this cookie will also be set as a third party cookie with the name of "cluid", if such a cookie does not exist. The purpose of the third party cookie is for web sites with multiple domains and who want to track visitor sessions across multiple domains, which is not possible with first party cookies. These "uid" cookies are set to more or less never expire.
- no_tracky_[site_id]: This cookie is used by Clicky (web analytics). When a site stops using the Service, it is quite common for the web master to leave the code installed, which is against the Terms of service. For high traffic sites, this can use a lot of extra bandwidth and CPU resources on our servers. This cookie is set whenever data is sent in for a site that is disabled. It tells our tracking code to stop sending data to us. This cookie expires after 1 hour but will be set again upon future visits by the same visitor, until the Code is removed from the offending web site.
Google Analytics collects information such as pages you visit on this site, the browser and operating system you use and time spent viewing pages. The purpose of this information is to help us measure a users’ level of engagement and to also help improve the site for future visitors.
Many websites use Google Analytics to collect traffic data and Google itself has produced a browser plug-in, which allows you to disable the collecting of information for all the websites you visit.
How to control and delete cookies
Should you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by Websure, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The “Help” function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile device, you will need to refer to your device manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the Websure website.