A background in software development and or Analysis either as part of an IT Department or a Software Vendor is preferable. A proven track record of delivery with the ability to ‘own’ projects and issues is essential.
The candidate would report to the Operations Director or relevant Project Manager and depending on the project size, may be working alone or as part of a team, and will be primarily based at our Wickford office. The role will often be Client facing and the ability to determine requirements, estimate costs and present completed solutions is essential.
The role will often fluctuate between Analysis and Configuration to quite detailed SQL scripting and some report and system design, and so it is essential that the candidate be flexible and show ability in both Business and technical areas.
You will perform the duties reasonably assigned to you by your manager or by directors of the company. These duties may include:
- Ability to configure Insurance system to meet client specifications.
- Producing project feasibility reports.
- Liaising with external clients or internal resources.
- Creation of Documentation and MIS Reports using Report Builder tools such as Crystal and MS Report Builder.
- Build SQL queries and use SQL to report on and modify databases.
- Translating client requirements into highly specified project documents.
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Creating logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Configuration of Insurance software for client use.
- Drawing up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems.
- Presenting proposals to clients.
- Working closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Drawing up a testing schedules for the product/model testing
- Being responsible for implementation of projects.
- Planning and working flexibly to a deadline.
- Writing user manuals.
- Providing training to users of a new system.
- Keeping up to date with technical as well as industry sector developments.
- Understanding of the insurance life cycle.
- Understanding of SQL.
- Good knowledge of database applications, design methods and approaches.
- Proven Analysis ability.
- Strong, logical investigative skills.
- Ability to learn and understand Insurance and Financial Applications and functionality.
- Candidate should be able to configure software applications for client requirements.
- Ability to understand Business and System process flows and design appropriate solutions.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Must assume responsibilty for accuracy and timeliness of work product.
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of issues/ tasks.
- Competent use and understanding of standard office IT applications.
To apply, please submit your details, CV and a covering letter using the online form. No Recruitment Agencies please.
Please note: If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of your application, then you have not been selected for this particular position. Thank you.
Websure provide award-winning enterprise software solutions to the Insurance industry. Our highly configurable product is used by many different types of companies including Brokers, Underwriters, MGAs, Captives etc. We’re currently in a very exciting phase of growth and have been winning customers from all parts of the industry and in many territories (for example we have inflight projects in Singapore, Canada, the Caribbean as well as the UK). Our products are attracting world class customers and as a consequence we need highly talented and motivated people to join us to ensure we continue to deliver on our promises.