Working within a team the principal role will be as a 2nd Line Support Technician, providing cover to the 1st line support team as required. The technician will principally be required to respond to Customer issues via Telephone and Email, providing solutions to problems where possible and logging the incident on our Incident logging system. Analyse issues and identifying RCA solutions where appropriate.
In addition, assisting the Support Manager in ensuring client needs are met and dealt with in a professional and timely manner keeping all parties apprised of the issue until resolution.
Class of Business: IT Software Support
Previous Experience / Education: A background of support roles, along with exposure to the Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems and Applications. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with several years’ experience and knowledge of the insurance industry. Appropriate technical certifications within the Microsoft system would be beneficial. ITIL or equivalent qualification desirable.
- Gain knowledge of the Websure software / system to be able to support clients use and functionality
- Ability to configure the Websure system to meet client needs – enhancements or bug fixes
- Ability to modify documentation / reports using Report Builder tools such as Crystal and MS Report Builder
- Ability to build & run SQL queries
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Creating logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Working closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Planning and working flexibly to a deadline.
- Writing user guides and updating central knowledge base.
- Provide good customer experience / support to both in-house and external clients.
- Log Support issues and change requests in Incident Logging system
- Make initial diagnosis of problems and advising known solutions where applicable
- Assist in testing any changes or data fixes received before implementing
- Liaise with Customers to ensure incidents are managed within Service Level agreements
- Performing business analysis to gather requirements around application enhancements \ bugs
- Produce reports weekly and as necessary for Management
- Installation of software applications and components, printers and laptops.
- Undertakes any other related duties as may be reasonably required.
Knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Previous experience and knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Ability to write and execute SQL Server scripts.
- Knowledge of Server and desktop hardware plus storage concepts.
All staff in the company are at the very least expected to be competent with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook as may be required for the efficient performance of their role.
- The competent use and understanding of standard office IT applications
- Understanding of desktop / remote desktop, printer, phone system and mobile phone set up.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent accuracy skills and timelines of work produced
To apply, please submit your details, CV and a covering letter using the online form. No Recruitment Agencies please.
Please note: If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of your application, then you have not been selected for this particular position. Thank you.
Websure provide award-winning enterprise software solutions to the Insurance industry. Our highly configurable product is used by many different types of companies including Brokers, Underwriters, MGAs, Captives etc. We’re currently in a very exciting phase of growth and have been winning customers from all parts of the industry and in many territories (for example we have inflight projects in Singapore, Canada, the Caribbean as well as the UK). Our products are attracting world class customers and as a consequence we need highly talented and motivated people to join us to ensure we continue to deliver on our promises.