We are looking for a Web Developer to join our growing team to work on enhancing Websure’s flagship web based product. The Web Team who are based at our development offices in Wickford, Essex, work on the product roadmap as well as customer driven project functionality. Excellent all-round technical ability as well as a strong work ethic and willingness to deliver to achievable yet tight deadlines is essential for success. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a dynamic team environment and the chance to join a company at the vanguard of the Insurtech industry.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Researching, designing, writing and testing new software and enhancements to existing software
- Improving existing systems by analysing and identifying areas for modification
- Integrating software products – getting incompatible platforms to work together and creating code to link them
- Maintaining systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects
- Investigating new technologies
- Creating technical specifications, test plans and operational documentation
- Consulting clients / colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and liaising to obtain information and clarify details
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and / or external courses, reading manuals and investigating new software development tools and applications
- Undertakes any other related duties as may be reasonably required
Skills we need you to have:
- ASP.NET2 and above
- SQL relational database (MSSQL/Oracle/MySQL)
Skills that would be great but aren’t essential:
- Ajax/ Json
- Rest/ SOAP XML
- Bootstrap/ Other JS Frameworks
- Media queries
- MVC/ Razor
- WCF/ WebAPI/ SignalR
Other Competencies we Value:
- Experience with various operating systems, including Microsoft
- Have a strong systematic approach to problem solving
- Be prepared to meet achievable project deadlines
- Produce quality work consistently
- Possess troubleshooting skills
- Be able to work on own initiative and be focused
- Have excellent time management skills
- The competent use and understanding of standard office IT applications
To apply, please submit your details, CV and a covering letter using the online form. No Recruitment Agencies please.
Please note: If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of your application, then you have not been selected for this particular position. Thank you.
Websure provide award-winning enterprise software solutions to the Insurance industry. Our highly configurable product is used by many different types of companies including Brokers, Underwriters, MGAs, Captives etc. We’re currently in a very exciting phase of growth and have been winning customers from all parts of the industry and in many territories (for example we have inflight projects in Singapore, Canada, the Caribbean as well as the UK). Our products are attracting world class customers and as a consequence we need highly talented and motivated people to join us to ensure we continue to deliver on our promises.